fanfiction quote # 1

I thought I should come up with a new name for this type of posts but since I'm too lazy to think of a new one, I stuck with the old one and just reset the counter to 1. ^-^

Anyways, here's Fanfiction Quote # 1. Actually, it's a poem, but I guess it's still considered a quote. Whatev...I hope you enjoy reading the poem as did I.

---0----0---0---0---0---0---

"I am flawed, and I am perfect
At pretending everyone believes my act.

But I can't lie to myself, though I try,
I can't make believe I never cry,
Because the tears are too real to disappear,
And there's no running from who's in the mirror.

Still, I fight for my charade,
By building walls to barricade
All the pain I create in my wake,
Every stolen laugh, every mistake, all the heartache,
And if I could stop and take off my mask,
If I could obey when you would ask,
To see who I really am underneath...

I would, if I believed you'd like what you'd see.

But I know who I make myself out to be,
And I know it isn't pretty, isn't nice or kind,
I don't have the beauty you deserve to find,
I never know how to stay honest,
Because lying has always been easiest.

I never tell you how I feel,
Because who you see me as is unreal,
And the right words never seem to fit
The shape of my heart, so my dark truth remains unlit.

But if I could take of my mask, I would,
I'd change for you, if only I could,
I'm afraid I already painted my portrait for you,
I'm painfully stained with colors that aren't true.

But it's all I know how to be,
Because somewhere, I lost the real me,
And I'm hoping someday you'll find me here,
I'm hoping you'll see that I can be sincere,
I can be caring, I can be beautiful,
And if one day, you open your eyes,
And open your heart to realize,
I'm more than a fist, more than a negative notion,
And I can be more than a flaw in your perfection.

I can be more, because you deserve better,
Someone who'll let you see how much you matter,
Who won't be afraid to be herself, to be true,
Who won't abstain from saying she loves you,
Because, I really, truly do..."

From Chapter 4 of Silver Kitten's Hey Arnold! fanfiction, A Flaw in Perfection (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1904235/4/).

---0---0---0---0---0---0---

I was thinking of converting this blog into a creative journal, much like my BlogDrive journal, which I also do not update as often. But, I am still pondering on that course of action, so, while I still haven't done that, I'll try and update this blog as often as I can.

Well, as much as I'd love to stay and chat, I've got to go. Until later.

-Daal-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Schedule

fun fun fun at the fair!