Cooking for Mikko's Birthday


Soba Soup with Crunchy Tofu Squares
(c)Yummy and Summit Media

Because it was Mikko's birthday yesterday and I barely had money to buy him a gift, I decided to make him a Japanese lunch as my gift to him. Along with cooking for him, I also decided to include as my gift, teaching him how to make California Maki. Our lunch started late because I wasn't able to buy some of the other ingredients earlier, but I'm glad that he enjoyed the meal and the lesson.

For our Japanese lunch, our menu consisted of:

  • Yakimeshi (Japanese Fried Rice)
  • Tonkatsu (Breaded Pork Chops)
  • Soba Soup with Crunchy Tofu Squares
  • California Maki

The meal was quite heavy and I realized after we ate that I still overestimated the amount of food I cooked. I'm learning though so it's all good. The whole process was tiring, even with help from our helpers, but very enjoyable. I find myself really loving cooking which is making me want to take up Culinary Arts sometime in the future. Well, if I can't take up Culinary Arts, I could always attend cooking lessons to improve my cooking skills.

Well, I have to go now. Work to do. Until next time!

? Daal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Schedule

fun fun fun at the fair!