Christmas Carolling Practice and YFC

I am annoyed at the YFC. I'm not annoyed with all the YFC's. I just am totally pissed off with the YFC's who came for the Christmas carolling practice. I'm not naming who they are. They know who they are. Let me explain.

Two days ago, the YFC Central B3 were supposed to have a Christmas carolling practice. Since no one came, they decided to move it to yesterday. Also, since they expected a small turn out of people, I decided to agree and join them though I really didn't want to. They decided that since I joined and they needed a venue on where to conduct the practice, we would hold it at my house. And at that moment, I was ok with that.

A few minutes after practice started, I immediately regretted my decision. First of all, we said that the practice would start at 1:00pm. They arrived at the house at around 3:00pm. I thought that since everyone we were expecting was already present, we could start. Apparently, I wrong. They all (except for my sister and my sister's best friend) started to talk to each other, and sing songs outloud. They wouldn't shut up and listen so we could start practicing. They actually started to practice sometime around 3:45pm. That would've been ok on other circumstances (like, they weren't at our house and I wasn't present) but I totally loathe it when we can't start things on time.

So, since I was annoyed, me, with my sister and her best friend, sat and stayed at the dining table. I hated what they were doing. One of them had a wonderful voice, if she used it properly. They gave her a solo and what she did was make the song too... ornate. Sorry. I can't think of a better word. Also, they tried to make some voices (other than from the pieces I already printed out) but they so did not blend. My sister and I weren't professionals but we could really hear that their voices did not blend at all.

It doesn't end there. One of my friends, a... leader, asked everyone if they thought we should push through with the carolling or not. From what I could see, I totally disagreed and I'm pretty sure I got my point across. Most of them also did not want to push through. One of the things that partially annoyed me was the fact that they considered hiring a professional. That would've been ok if we had more time but we are scheduled to do the carolling tomorrow. We can't finish anything in a day. Also, we didn't need a professional. A lot of us could read scoresheets and we could've done all 4 voices if everyone would've just cooperated immediately.

My other friend did a good job by suggesting lots of things we could do but I think that we still wouldn't have been able to finish anything. I personally thought that his suggestion was awesome and actually quite easy to do even with the time constraint. The only thing I really doubted was that if they would actually start on time. I don't think they've mastered the discipline to focus first and have fun later. Without that, even if they alloted more time, they wouldn't be able to finish. If they did, bravo, but I doubt that whatever they accomplished would be good. It would probably be very messy.

Now, the one thing that aggravated me most was the fact that one of the YFC's was extremely hard-headed and stubborn. She kept insisting that we push through with the carolling and kept saying all these things about the Central B3 YFC that I think could've easily been remedied and did not need us to push through with the carolling.

For example, I don't think that the CFCs would've stopped us from trying to carol next year just because we weren't able to push through with it this year. I think they would've been irked with us if we didn't tell them beforehand that we weren't going to push through with it. Also, I don't think that the CFC would actually dissolve the YFC Central B3 and merge it with another cluster. Why? Well, just because they are inactive doesn't mean that all of the Central B3 YFC are inactive. The YFC serving for KFC are very active and we've actually accomplished a lot.

Lastly, if all they're after is the funds, then they really, really, should stop. And I know that deep down, it is all about the money for most of them. I don't know why they must insist on pushing through with the DOTA Camp so early but I think that it is unnecessary. If God wills it, then we'll have it. I don't think that we should worry ourselves so much with pushing through with the carolling just for the funds. There's still a lot of time next year where we could come up with ideas on how to raise funds and actually be able to prepare for them.

Anyway, I've got to go. I still have something to wrap which my mum needs for tomorrow. So, I'll write and update you again tomorrow. Well, I'll try. :P

Until tomorrow. ^_^

-Daal-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Schedule

fun fun fun at the fair!