Gratitude Post - August 02, 2010

There's this app on Facebook called God Wants You to Know. It generates a random message for you everyday you visit the app that the app makers call a message from God. I decided to see what "God wanted me to know today" and got this:

God wants you to know that you will feel better if you notice the sweetness of life.

Notice the smiles of children, the songs of the birds, the caress of the sun's warmth. This sweetness is for you. Allow it to soothe your soul and bring a smile to your face.

Because of the message, I decided that I would create a gratitude post for today. After all, there's always something to be thankful for everyday despite the bad things that are happening around.

 

1. Koi, for proof-reading my Thesis Topic Proposal

I am lacking only the proposal of a thesis topic plus my thesis for graduation. After I have finished both of them, I will finally be able to graduate after 8 - yes 8 - long years in college.

Because of the difficulty I have in writing formal papers (actually, I am now having trouble in writing creatively too which is why I'm starting to practice), I asked koi to proof-read my proposal for me. And he was able to make my paper sound more coherent.

 2. Mockingjay Reservation at National Bookstore

You've heard me gush about The Hunger Games, a YA book by Suzanne Collins. And now, the last installment to her series, is finally arriving.  Mockingjay, the third and final book in the series, will be released worldwide on the 25th of August. After almost a year of waiting, I will finally be able to get my hands on the book. So today, I went to National Bookstore to pre-order a copy.

Why did I choose to pre-order at National Bookstore?  It is simply because of the fact that they are offering free Mockingjay T-Shirts to those who will be pre-ordering a copy with them from the 1st of August until the 15th of August. What is more awesome is that I am guaranteed to get a free shirt on the day of the release because during the time I ordered, there were still 751 shirts left.

Best thing about the book? It only costs P530. That's cheap for a hardbound book.

 3. Julia Quinn's What Happens in London and Ten Things I Love About You

Since I went to National Bookstore today, I tried looking for a copy of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith and Jane Austen. Sadly, I wasn't able to find a copy. Fortunately, I was able to get a copy of Julia Quinn's What Happens in London and Ten Things I Love About You, the former priced at P315 and the latter at P365. So, I was ready to fork out P680 for two books by one of my favorite authors. It was nothing since I really love her stories.

I was surprised while I was paying though because apparently, both books were on sale! To say that I was pleasantly surprised might be an understatement. As much as I love books and I'd probably fork over a lot of money for a book I know (or even might think) I'd enjoy, it is a win-win situation to buy a book on sale. Now, I have two books and decreased the amount I spent from my savings. Yeay!

 

And there you have it. I have three wonderful things to be thankful for today. And though the day started off with me being completely annoyed, I know that these three things have made my day feel less odious.

 

"Rule #32: Enjoy the little things."

-Columbus, Zombieland

 

? Daal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Schedule

fun fun fun at the fair!