fanfiction quote # 2

OMG. I was reading this story again after quite a long time and I can't believe that I was already crying by the half of the first chapter. And since I found myself totally falling in love with this story, I'd love to impart to you a part of the story.

---0---0---0---0---0---0---

"I'm crying?

I thought I'd fogotten how to cry. But I am. I remember this feeling from so long ago. When I was small, this happened often. And I thought that the last of my tears had dried up forever when I was five. Why can nothing ever be forever? Why couldn't Arnold have left me where I was in the park? Why couldn't he have just let me suffer there, instead of letting me fall to pieces in his room? I try to get the steady stream of salty wet to stop, but to no avail. It only comes faster, more pronouced then before. That's because I know now. All my doubts from before are gone. Throughout our conversation he had held my hand, and it had made me hope. It had made me doubt the lonliness that I had and would assuredly spend my years in. But the doubt dissolved, and now there is only the knowledge of misunderstanding. Their
misunderstanding for me, because truly, who could ever undestand Helga? I look into the darkness of the room, which reminds me so much of my state in life that I'm almost forced to smirk. I close my eyes painfully and breath, "I am Helga G. Pataki..." I annouce quietly to the silence, "...and nobody loves me."

I continue to sob, the sound of my crying choked out by the nothingness that surrounds me.

This would be the time I would wish for somthing.

But I can't find anything worth wishing for, except what I cannot have.

Love.

Arnold.

Hope.

But what's the point of wishing, if all you'll ever do is wish?"

From Chapter 5 of paleMistress's Hey Arnold! fanfiction, Understanding Helga (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/389905/5/)

---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---

-Daal-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Schedule

fun fun fun at the fair!