new couches, rr thefts, and my new story

Thank you Ate Haziel, for the new couch and the bench-like couch that now adorns the DPSM Reading Room. Now, we have three very comfortable seats in the RR.

Hopefully, after we (the UPM Biochemistry Society) have raised sufficient funds, we may be able to re-upholster the old couch that we love so much that we can't seem to just throw away. After all, if only the old couch (which we've named the Jerjer Couch) could talk, I would bet that it would have so many stories to tell us after being in the RR for more than five years (I'm not entirely sure about when the couch was brought to the RR).

Though, I'm still scared of the old couch. When we moved it, a giant spider (the third we've found since last year), a cockroach (of which I'm deathly afraid of), and quite a large mouse (which ran by/on Joshua's foot) emerged from the couch. I don't even want to know what else is in that possibly pest-ridden couch. I do hope that we can get it re-upholstered soon so that the old couch will be clean inside and out.

I'm thinking of donating a lock (and other things needed for a lock to be applied to the RR door) since we've been having quite a number of thefts recently. Also, I'm trying to think of who could be stealing stuff (especially lab kits) from the lockers and the RR. The worst case that happened was when someone stole the Piso Para Sa Couch Piggy Bank from Eric's locker. It's extremely annoying because I'm guessing that it already contained more than a thousand pesos. Anyways, no use crying over spilled milk.

I've been working on a new story that were based on and inspired by some of my recent dreams. For now, I've entitled my story Dreams which, of course, I based on the fact that this was inspired mostly by my dreams. This story will be a big leap for me since this story is more fantasy/action/adventure than romance/angst/drama which I'm more used to writing. Since I really want to finish this, I've been doing my homework and I'm so proud of myself for actually researching first so I could write this story correctly. Wish me luck and pray that I don't leave this story to rot (which is what I've done for my past four stories).

Well, that's all. I've got to go. I'm so exhausted because I got home late. It was all because the couch was delivered so late (it arrived at around seven in the evening when they said they would deliver it at around one in the afternoon) and the LRT just happened to be broken. Oh well. 'Til tomorrow.

-Daal-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Schedule

fun fun fun at the fair!