For the Sake of Blogging: On the Way to the Wedding

"This, he realized, was love. It was that sense of rightness, yes. And it was the passion, too, and the lovely knowledge that he could happily wake up next to her for the rest of his life.

But is was more than all that. It was this feeling, this knowledge, this certainty that he would give his life for her. There was no question. No hesitation."

- On the Way to the Wedding by Julia Quinn


Taken from the eigth book in the Bridgerton Series by one of my favorite authors, On the Way to the Wedding centers on the love story of Gregory Brigerton and Lucinda Abernathy. Gregory and Lucinda's love story is, I think, one of the typical Filipino love stories I've watched on TV where the male lead falls in love with the bridge between him and his supposed love. Gregory at first falls for the stunning Hermione and befriends Lucy who is Hermione's closest friend. Through a series of events, Gregory realizes that he only fancied himself in love with the idea of Hermione and not really Hermione herself and falls for Lucy who is already arranged to be married. Ah... the bitter irony.

In terms of the process of finding love, I find that I relate best to Gregory's as compared to the other Bridgertons (or their respective spouses). Gregory's story is, I think (a matter of my opinion), what happens to most everyone. Not necessarily the falling-in-love-with-the-bridge scenario but in the sense that most people usually enter a relationship or want to enter a relationship not because of the person who will be receiving their affection but because of the relationship itself. It's like Gregory said, I had been waiting to fall in love that I wanted the love more than the woman. Of course, that's just my opinion. And I'm not generalizing anything. I know that there are people who do find true love on their try and I bid them congraluations for that is truly a difficult feat.

*laughs* I think I'm sounding somewhat cynical. Really, I'm a hopeless romantic. Don't let my ramblings fool any of you. I'm a big sucker for romance and that's why I love the Bridgerton series.

Hm... I think I might do another segment like this except focusing on another Bridgerton. *chuckles* That'll give me another seven blog entries. I'm liking my idea. :P

Anyway, that's all for tonight. I'm really quite sleepy so I'll go to sleep now. Good night everyone!

-Daal-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Schedule

fun fun fun at the fair!