For the Sake of Blogging: Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Another anime which my brother downloaded, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is one of the animes that my brother has been mouthing to us about for the past few months. From my brother's descriptions, it seems to be a purely comedy anime but most (if not all) animes, from my experience, have both dark side and light sides to them. So I did my research on the anime today and from what I've read, it seems to be a pretty interesting anime. I'll probably watch it when I'm done catching up with my Bleach and Naruto.

Anyways, here's the plot summary from Anime News Network:

Plot Summary: Itoshiki Nozomu is the world's most negative person. To his way of thinking, there is no hope or meaning in this existence. Even the three kanji of his name become the two-kanji word zetsubou, "despair", when compressed. What an ironic twist of fate, then, that he becomes teacher to a class containing his precise opposite, the invincibly positive-minded Fuura Kafuka.

And here's the plot summary from Wikipedia:

Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei revolves around a very pessimistic high school teacher named Nozomu Itoshiki who, at the very beginning of the series, tries to hang himself on a sakura tree. Despite this effort of self-destruction, he is saved by an extremely optimistic girl known only as Kafuka Fuura (though in her effort to save his life, she almost kills him). She explains to him that it is simply unimaginable that he would hang himself on such a nice day, especially in front of such beautiful trees. She decides to nickname Nozomu "Pink Supervisor" (桃色係長 Momoiro Kakarichō?), and offers to pay him fifty yen to call him by that nickname. After having enough of the strange girl, Nozomu bolts to the school and starts his homeroom class, but the attempt to escape was in vain as he finds that the girl is one of his students. Not only that, but Kafuka is just the tip of the iceberg: each and every student in his class represents a new personality quirk or bizarre obsession, posing challenges that the suicidally-inclined teacher must overcome in spite of himself.

Well, that's all for today. I'm gonna go now. 'Til next time minna! :D

-Daal-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My New Schedule

fun fun fun at the fair!